Administrative Assistant: Part Time position. Bring your good interpersonal skills to our busy downtown church location. Technology savvy in Microsoft Office. Writing, editing, time management skills required. Send resume to [email protected] Full detail below and HERE.
First Congregational Church, United Church of Christ
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Senior Minister
Status: Part Time
Hours: approximately 21hours per week;
10:00am – 3:00pm Tuesday and Thursday,
9:30 am – 3:30pm Wednesday and Friday
Fair Labor and Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
The Administrative Assistant position is an “at will” position. Duties include (but are not limited to) answering the telephone, referring calls to proper staff members, welcoming and directing visitors, distributing mail to staff members and committees, completing weekly order of worship, coordinating mailings and special projects, serving as first point of contact for property rentals, and managing the church calendar.
– Provides warm welcome and assistance to all, whether in person, on the telephone, or via email, in a manner consistent with the ideals and values of our congregation.
– Deals in a sensitive manner with all people using the church facilities, makes referrals to staff and community resources as needed.
– Updates whiteboard with events for coming day
– Distributes voice and email messages to clergy and lay staff as appropriate. Refers pastoral care concerns in a timely fashion.
– Sorts and distributes mail.
– Prepares regular mailings and assists with special mailings
– Acts as main point of contact for rentals. Creates contracts, provides quotes and collects fees, and arranges for special setups as needed. Communicates with Security Manager regarding security and special needs for rentals.
– Maintains online church calendar, including all church-related activities and events, committee and group meetings, rehearsals, and building rental calendar.
– Coordinates appropriate staffing and assists in scheduling of baptisms, weddings, and funerals.
– Manages and updates parishioner and visitor contact information and related data as received.
– Troubleshoots minor office equipment issues as needed and communicates problems promptly to the Senior Minister.
– Following established protocol, follows up, collaborates with staff and clergy, and makes referrals regarding any safety concerns observed.
– Other duties as assigned.
– At least three years experience in a professional office setting.
• Phone and interpersonal skills in a high traffic office situation, including utilization of multi-line phone systems.
• Technology savvy with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook and Word).
• Excellent writing, editing and problem solving skills.
• Attention to detail and logistics; time management skills.
• A high level of patience and adaptability.
• Ability to work as a positive and cooperative member of a team.
– Experience using Google Calendar to manage events and scheduling.