In the month of March, we will begin our stewardship campaign to raise the resources needed to meet our 2014-2015 budget. We invite everyone to experience the joy of giving!
During the month of February, we invite each First Church member and friend to sign up for a cottage meeting. Cottage meetings will be held during the month of March in homes, at church, and by conference call. At these meetings, you will have the opportunity to:
• Be inspired, as you meet others with a commitment to the church.
• Hear a report on the feedback from last year’s Person-to-Person Campaign.
• Ask questions about the church.
• Hear about our plans for the budget and our ministries.
• Receive a packet of information you will need to make your pledge for 2014-2015.
Our goal this year is to raise an additional $58,000 in pledges over last year to support our ministries. In order to meet this goal, we need:
- People who pledged last year to pledge this year and increase their pledge.
- People who gave to operating budget last year but did not pledge to give again and hopefully pledge.
- People who have never pledged or are recently new to the church to make a pledge.
- People who are re-entering our church after being away for a while to renew their commitment to First Church.
We understand that some may not be able to attend a cottage meeting because they are homebound, live out of state, or find that cottage meetings do not fit into their schedule. If this is your case, we will be glad to arrange a personal visit or invite you to participate in one of the two conference calls we have scheduled.
You can sign up for a meeting in the following ways:
- Sign up at church (one of our stewardship representatives will be in a prominent place in the fellowship hour with sign up sheets at the 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. coffee hours).
- Call the church office (802-862-5010).
- Receive a phone call from one of our stewardship callers beginning on February 18th. (If you are not home and receive a message, please call back or send us an e-mail at [email protected] with the cottage meeting date which is convenient for you. You can also tell us if you prefer to have a home visit or phone call or would like to receive the packet in the mail).
- Sign up at your next scheduled committee meeting.
The cottage meetings will take place on:
Cottage Meeting Dates: Host:
- Thursday, March 6th, 7:00-8:30 P.M. Steve & Sherrie Fuchs*
- Thursday, March 6th, 7:00-8:30 P.M. Betsy Freeman*
- Sunday, March 9th, 9:00-10:00 A.M. Church after 8 A.M. service
- Sunday, March 9th, 11:30 A.M.-12:30 P.M. Church after 10 A.M. service
- Wednesday, March 12th, 7:00-8:30 P.M. Elliott Douglas & Nancy McClellan*
- Wednesday, March 12th, 7:00-8:30 P.M. Doug Viehmann & Ann Vivian*
- Sunday, March 16th, 9:00-10:00 A.M. Church after 8 A.M. service
- Monday, March 17th, 7:00-8:30 P.M. Carol Tandy*
- Monday, March 17th, 7:00-8:30 P.M. Tom & Betty Taylor*
- Monday, March 17th, 7:30-9:00 P.M. Pat & Ray Harwick*
- Wednesday, March 19th, 12:00-1:00 P.M. Conference Call**
- Wednesday, March 19th, 7:00-8:30 P.M. Conference Call**
*Addresses will be provided following RSVP.
**Conference call # and registration information will be e-mailed.
We ask that all pledge commitments be submitted by April 6, which is Consecration Sunday. Receipt by this date will help us greatly in planning our budget for the coming year.
Thank you so much for your interest in, and support of First Church!
Michael Knauer Peter Cook
Stewardship Chair Senior Minister
P.S. Please remember, if you cannot attend a cottage meeting or participate in a conference call, we will be happy to arrange a personal call to your home or a phone conversation (or we will send you a packet in the mail). Our goal is 100% participation.