All are invited to a new program of conversations offering connection and relationship with one another, led by Senior Minister, Rev. Peter Cook, and members from our lay leadership and Deacons, and focusing on faith and spirituality, our church, and our denomination, the United Church of Christ.
All are welcome to any or all of the following scheduled opportunities:
- Sunday, March 8 from 9-10 am (between worship services)
- Sunday, March 15 from 4:00-7:00 p.m. at Rev. Cook’s home at 28 Prospect Hill in Burlington. Come and enjoy a potluck dinner as we further explore faith and church.
- Weekly gatherings on Sunday mornings from 9-10 a.m. beginning on March 15th and continuing on March 22nd, April 12th, April 19th, April 26th, and May 3rd. The title of the series will be “Spirituality, History and the United Church of Christ” and the topic schedule is as follows:
- Sun, Mar 15: Evangelical and Reformed Churches
- Sun, Mar 22: Congregational and Christian Churches
- Sun, Apr 12: 19th Century Social Movements, the Social Gospel, and Reinhold Niebuhr
- Sun, Apr 19: Mercersburg Theology, Roman Catholicism and Ecumenism
- Sun, Apr 26: Otis Howard, Baptists, and the African American Experience
- Sun, May 3: Feminist and LGBTQ Interpretive and Theological Issues
If you are new to this church family, are exploring membership, or are considering re-engaging after an extended absence, we especially encourage you to attend and listen, share, learn, and teach the value of faith, and the role of First Church Burlington in our lives. New members will be received on Palm Sunday, March 29.
If you would like more information about any of these gatherings or about becoming a new member, please contact the Church Office. Should you want to discuss your faith and/or the role of First Church in your life with either a lay leader or one of the ministers, please contact Rev. Peter Cook or Pastor Sally May.