MIDDLE SCHOOL UPDATE:
- Our Middle Schoolers are gathering on Saint Patrick’s Day to make, deliver and share a delicious dinner with the residents of Burlington’s Dismas House. Dismas House provides a home for men and women transitioning from incarceration to Vermont communities. Our faith community has been bringing and sharing dinner on the third Thursday of each month for thirty years! Thank you, Middle Schoolers!
- Global Gateways – Heifer Farm Trip! Our Middle Schoolers will be going to the Heifer International’s Farm in Rutland, Massachusetts for the weekend of May 13 to 15. This is a great program designed to increase global awareness and to broaden understanding of Heifer International’s highly regarded mission. Please contact Director of Outreach Ministries, Lucy Samara for more information or a registration form. Caroline Crawford, who has been leading our Middle School class this year, is also a great source of information.
HIGH SCHOOL UPDATE & APRIL ‘16 YETS TRIP INFORMATION:
- The 2016 High School YETS (Youth Experience in Travel & Service) Trip is set for April 18 to 22. We will be staying at the UCC’s beautiful Irons Homestead Retreat Center just outside of Providence, Rhode Island – where we will be in service setting together for three days. We’ll stop in Boston for a day of fun and site seeing on Friday on our way home to Vermont. Registration forms are available by contacting Lucy Samara.
- Our March Sunday Seekers Gathering for high schoolers is on Sunday the 20th, 4:30 to 7pm: we’ll continue our exploration of the cornerstones of Christianity and we’ll make dinner for ourselves and to deliver (on Tuesday 3/22) to the 40 overnight guests at the COTS Warming Shelter. Our spring Sunday Seekers dates are: Sundays, April 10 and May 22, also at 4:30.
- All High School students are encouraged to participate in worship on Sundays.
- To volunteer in the Church School, serve as a reader in worship, or to be an usher, please contact Lucy Samara.
For more information, to RSVP to the events listed here, or to be added to our weekly e-message for high school families: please contact Lucy Samara.