Looking Ahead: May Highlights!
- May 1 – Thank you, Rev. Lee Moore! Rev. Moore has been a faithful Bridge Senior Minister to our Congregation. All are invited to worship on Sunday, May 1 to thank Lee as he completes his time “bridging” us to the next step. A special reception for Lee will follow the 10am worship service.
- The COTS Walkathon is on Sunday, May 1! Please participate in this important local event as a donor, walker &/or volunteer! Pick up a packet at Church any day or join our team online. For more COTS WALK information, check here (including signing up to be a “walk day volunteer”).
- May 1 & 8 – Archaeology & The Historicity Of The Bible: David Lightbody, former Lecturer in Egyptology at the Univ. of Glasgow, will lead this great education series at 9am on Sunday mornings.
- May 5 to June 9: Pastor Sally May and Michael Samara will lead a weekly conversation on pain, suffering and grief on Thursdays at 5:30pm using Joyce Rupp’s book, “Praying Our Goodbyes.” All are welcome! Come to as many (or all) as your schedule allows.
- May 6 – Faithful Friday Worship & Dinner: Celebrate Earth Day! Gather between 5:30 and 6:00pm for snacks and “Earth Day” themed activities – worship and dinner begin just after 6pm.
- May 8 – A Music & Family Sunday: The 10am worship will include many musical surprises as our singers, ringers and musicians combine their talents on this special morning. We plan to premiere our Church School “Lego Lab Mini-Videos” – for a morning full of beautiful music and meaningful messages.
- May 13 to 15 – Middle School – Global Gateway – Heifer Farm Trip: An enthused group of 17 Middle Schoolers and adult leaders are going to the Heifer Farm in Rutland, MA for the Global Gateway program.
- May 14 – Clean-Up Saturday at First Congregational Church. All hands are needed to gather on Saturday morning, May 14, for indoor and outside cleaning up projects. Meet @ 8:30! Thank you!
- May 21- Benefit Concert for Syrian Refugees at 7:30pm at First Congregational Church! Our Mission Committee is sponsoring this event coordinated by pianist Michael Arnowitt. The concert will bring together many musicians for a great event to benefit Syrian Refugees. Learn more here and be in touch with Lucy Samara to join our growing crew of concert volunteers!
- May 22 – Ronald McDonald Open House: The Ronald McDonald House will hold an Open House on Sunday, May 22, following the 10am worship service, to which our church community is invited. Our historic parsonage has served the community as the Ronald McDonald House for more than 30 years… come see what it’s all about!
- Free Legal Clinic from 1 to 3pm: The Christian Action Committee will offer a “Free Legal Clinic” – open to anyone in the community – from 1 to 3 pm on Sunday, May 22 at First Church.
- May 25 – Our First Church Annual Meeting will be on Wednesday, May 25 with dinner at 6pm and the meeting at 7pm. Please RSVP for the dinner.
- May 29 – Marathon/Memorial Day Sunday: We will have one worship service at 7am on Sunday, May 29. Come worship in the Memorial Garden (on the portico if raining!) – stay for light refreshments and then watch the Burlington Marathon runners race down Church Street!
This entry was posted in First Congregational Church
and tagged may events
. Bookmark the permalink