The “Women of the Church” Fall Harvest Bazaar and Chicken & Biscuit Supper are set for the weekend of October 21 through 23.
The Bazaar opens on Friday, October 21 at 3pm, the day of the Chicken & Biscuit Supper.
The Chicken & Biscuit Supper starts with pre-ordered “Take-Out” dinners at 5pm on Friday, October 21 and is followed by continuous seating from 5:30 to 7:30pm. The delicious, traditional dinner (chicken and home-made biscuits, mashed potatoes, squash, cranberry sauce, cole slaw, home-made pies and more!) is served buffet style.
Saturday’s Bazaar will feature many treasures and treats and a delicious lunch.
On Sunday, October 23 there will be a “Mini-Bazaar” following the 10am worship service.
Chicken & Biscuit Supper – Ticket Information for Friday, October 21
- Please plan to come to our fabulous Chicken & Biscuit Supper next Friday!
- Take-out dinners may be purchased ahead of time and picked up at 5:00 p.m.
- Dinner is served from the buffet table with continuous seating beginning at 5:30 p.m.
- Larger groups should make reservations.
- Tickets are $10.00 for adults, $5.00 for children 12 and under, and a family of four or more is $30.00.
- Tickets are available at the church office and after worship on Sunday – and at the door!
This is a great event with many ways for all to participate. The Harvest Bazaar creates meaningful outcomes: important support for church and mission projects is raised and community connections are built. Our 2015 Bazaar resulted in contributions to the Vermont Ibutwa Initiative, our Pastoral Care Fund for Children and Youth, our Summer Camp Scholarship Fund, JUMP (the Joint Urban Ministry Project), the Burlington Summer Lunch Program, and Heifer International! Important grants for community and church mission efforts have been provided by Women of the Church for decades! Additionally, WOTC provided a grant to our Flower Committee this year and has made significant improvements to our building and equipment needs over the years, currently having set aside $5,000 for improvements to our Church Kitchen!
The leaders of the Bazaar welcome your input, ideas and offers of assistance: Caroline Edmunds and Jennie Coleman. Thank you!