in the “First Church UCC/BTV” Chapel
a new model for worship,
- How do we face change?
- How do we move through suffering?
- How do we receive joy? &
- How do we mature in service?
These are the four questions reflected by Matthew, Mark, John, and Luke respectively. We’ll use the gospels as a lens to view the circumstances of our own lives and community, and as a framework for understanding our own opportunities for transformation. In addition to the discussion on gospel transformation, each service will feature silent prayer, meditation, and music.
A few key points to be aware of:
- You don’t have to buy the book in order to participate in the gathering, but you will definitely get more out of the gathering if you’re reading along during the week as we go. We have copies available in the Church Office ($22). The book is also available for purchase online.
- Spiritual transformation is in many ways a discipline (like the word discipleship!); those looking for more depth, growth, or just something new in your spiritual practice are encouraged to make a commitment to attend as often as possible so we can reap the benefits of consistency and have more opportunities to build our community.
- The gatherings will continue to evolve as we figure out what works for us.
- All are invited to join us every Sunday at 5 p.m – Community Ministries Coordinator, Ava Kelly sends out a weekly email update with themes, music, and materials for reflection. If you’d like to be on that list, email her at [email protected].