RADICAL HOSPITALITY TRAINING
with Gary Lewis & Ava Bilton!
“Radical hospitality is hospitality that goes beyond being friendly. It is intentional hospitality that surprises and delights people by making them feel noticed, giving them personal attention, and providing excellent follow through. It is hospitality that makes them feel so welcome they want to return again and again.” – The Art of Radical Hospitality, UMC Church of the Resurrection
This fall, we are focusing on ways to create a radically hospitable, welcoming community in order to strengthen the relationships among our congregation, and intentionally invite others to join us. All who are able are asked to participate in a 90 minute training in the practice of radical hospitality. You’ll learn simple, proven methods of welcoming new folks, connecting with current members, and how to foster a growing community. This opportunity is a collaborative effort of the Connections and Outreach team and will be led by Ava Bilton (Dir. of Programs and Development) and Gary Lewis (Parental Leave Pastor).
Please pick a time that works for you in the “Ten Days of Radical Hospitality” schedule below…
Friday Sept 20 thru Sunday, Sept 29:
- 10 days of devotionals for individuals and families,
- Opportunities to learn more about activism and social justice in our area,
- Witnesses in worship to the power of God’s love, and a church-wide day of service in the community on Saturday September 21st.
- Devotionals and service opportunities are available for all ages and skills.
- No special equipment needed!
- Sign-ups have begun – use the printed insert in the Sunday “Order of Worship” – pick up a copy in the Church Office – or use the online SIGN-UP form linked HERE: 10 Days of Radical Hospitality.
Dismas House Ronald McDonald House
JUMP The Possibility Shop
The Boys and Girls Club Anew Place
COTS Habitat for Humanity
Outright Vermont Vermont Gleaning Collective
Sunday September 15 – “Radical Hospitality Training with Gary & Ava” – 11:30 to 1 pm – includes lunch – all are invited – no RSVP needed.
Friday September 20:
– DAY 1! Devotional begins – use online sign-up linked above.
– Radical Hospitality Training with Gary & Ava – 3:30 to 5 pm for Possibility Shop, JUMP and other weekday volunteers and security staff – no RSVP needed.
Saturday September 21 – Big Give Day! Join us at the church at 8am for a light breakfast, and then head out into the community in teams to serve with local organizations – use online sign-up linked above.
Sunday September 22 – Saturday September 28th – Various service opportunities throughout the community + Daily devotionals – use online sign-up linked above.
Sunday September 29 – Radical Hospitality Sunday + Witnesses in Worship
- Sunday, October 20 – “Radical Hospitality Training with Gary” – 11:30 to 1 pm – includes lunch – all are invited – childcare available – no RSVP needed.