First Church Members: the notice below is the official warning of our upcoming Annual Meeting. Please mark your calendars and plan to participate.
OFFICIAL MEETING WARNING: Pursuant to Articles VII and X, Sections 2, 4, and 5, of the BY-LAWS OF THE FIRST CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST, Burlington, Vermont:
The 217th Annual Meeting of the Congregation will be held via Zoom on Sunday, February 5, 2023, at noon for the purpose of:
- electing all officers, boards and teams;
- voting on the budget for fiscal year January 1 through December 31, 2023;
- any other business which may properly come before the members assembled.
– Dawn C. Plante, Clerk
The FirstChurchBTV ANNUAL MEETING is set for Sunday February 5, 2023 at noon – the meeting will be held via Zoom.
The Zoom Link for the Annual Meeting will be linked here.
The 10am worship on February 5 – available to all in person and live streamed on the First Church YouTube Channel – will include some key items as part of our Annual Meeting Sunday:
- “The State of the Church” – the Rev. Elissa Johnk’s (sermon).
- The remembrance of deceased members (January 2022 – January 2023).
- The honoring of “Golden Members.”
- The Order of Worship for Sunday February 5 will be linked HERE when available
- The Sunday February 5 Announcements will be linked HERE when available
Our Annual Meeting DOCUMENTS will be linked below as they become available:
- The 2022 Annual Report
- Meeting Agenda
- Any RESOLUTIONS that will be presented for vote during the Annual Meeting.
- A SLATE of CANDIDATES for 2023
- A Letter from Paul Hobbs, Church President
- The Rev. Elissa Johnk’s Annual Meeting Letter
ANNUAL MEETING PRESENTATIONS
- Following the Annual Meeting – any video presentations will be linked here.