The First Congregational Church Possibility Shop has been a force for good in the Burlington community for decades. Located on the lower level of the church and managed by volunteers, the Shop has kept clothing, household items and much more out of the landfill by offering a way for them to be re-used and recycled. They have also provided thousands of dollars of vouchers to low income households and newly arrived refugees through the Joint Urban Ministry Program (JUMP) at no cost, and have raised important funds to support many aspects of our First Church ministry and mission. The Possibility Shop is truly extraordinary. We invite you to come and see for yourself – all customers and donations are greatly appreciated!
Location | Hours of Operation | Contact Information:
38 S Winooski Ave, Burlington, VT 05401 (Lower Level of First Congregational Church)
Wednesdays: 10am – 3pm
Fridays: 10am – 3pm
Some Saturdays (typically the 1st and 3rd Sat of each month; please call for this month’s schedule): 10am – 1pm
(802) 862-5010, ext 109
Types of Items For Sale:
- Clothing and Shoes (for men, women, and children)
- Household Goods (dishes, small appliances, linens, decor, etc.)
- Books (cookbooks, children’s books, early reader books)
- Accessories (hats, scarves, etc.) and Jewelry (costume jewelry, vintage jewelry, etc.)
- Collectibles (porcelain, glass, sports memorabilia, etc.)
- Children’s Toys
- Small Furniture
- Media (DVDs and CDs)
- …and much more!
Donations are gladly accepted during the First Congregational Church office hours of Tuesday – Friday, 9am-4pm, as well as on Saturdays (when the shop is open) between 10am and 1pm.
Types of items accepted include:
- Clothing (in season, clean, and in good condition)
- Household Goods (including decorative items)
- Jewelry and Accessories
- Books (cookbooks, children’s books, early reader books) and Media (DVDs and CDs)
We regret that we are unable to accept the following items:
- Large Furniture
- Electronics (printers, computers, etc.)
- Car Seats
Donations are tax-deductible, and receipts are available in the church office.
Featured Items for Sale:
Vintage Wedding Dress (white; 2 piece; full length skirt and long-sleeve bodice; lace trim and pearl buttons; includes hat with veil)
Sewing Patterns (McCall’s, Simplicity, Butterick, etc.)
The Possibility Shop is always looking for new volunteers to staff the store, as well as sort donations and arrange merchandise. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the church office. We would be delighted to have you join our volunteer team.