Adult Education Programs & Forums with Guest Speakers
Throughout the Church year, a variety of Adult Education Programs are offered on weekdays (day and evening) and on Sundays mornings between the worship services or following the 10 a.m. worship service. Information about current offerings is available through our Church Newsletter – all are invited to sign up online:
Our 2015-2016 programs:
- A series that included some guest speakers including Wanda Hines, Director of JUMP – the Joint Urban Ministry Project, that lifted up both information and a variety of perspectives on the impact of poverty.
- Our on-going World Religions series continued with a five week focus on Judaism.
- During Lent, Rev. Tom Taylor and Pastor Sally May collaborated on a Thursday evening series that focused on Marcus Borg and John Dominic Crossan’s book: The Last Week: What the Gospels Really Teach About Jesus’s Final Days in Jerusalem.”
- Our Forum guests for 2015-2016 have included Vermont Interfaith Action’s Executive Director, Debbie Ingram; Cleophace Mukeba, Executive Director of the Vermont Ibutwa Initiative; and on April 17, Burlington Police Chief Brandon DelPozo will be our Forum guest.
- Pastor Sally May lead a Friday morning reflection group during Lent focused on the UCC’s Lenten Reflection booklet: “Heart, Soul, Mind, Strength.”
- Pastor Sally May coordinated a long-term Friday morning group that reflected on grief using several resources.
Our clergy and Adult Education Committee are interested in your suggestions for speakers and ideas for educational programs.
Daily On-Line Meditation
Start your day off right! View today’s message and sign up to receive the “Stillspeaking Daily Devotional” from the U.C.C. Writer’s Group, delivered at no cost each morning to your e-mail inbox.