WORSHIP at First Church or Online:
You are invited to worship with First Church at 10am on Sundays in our Sanctuary at 38 South Winooski Avenue in Burlington OR on the FirstChurchBTV YouTube Channel. Worship services are live-streamed at 10am on Sundays on and the recordings are available on our YouTube channel anytime following the worship service. Fellowship time follows worship at First Church and online on Zoom) following the live-stream of worship.
Our Guest Preacher for Sunday June 26 was Lou Rochford: Many know Lou Rochford (he/they) as our online (digital) usher for worship on YouTube. A First Church “MID” – Member in Discernment, Lou recently completed a Certificate in Pastoral Ministry at the Phillip’s Theological Seminary. They currently serve the Vermont Conference UCC as Moderator of the Champlain Association. For several years Lou served on the United Church of Christ’s Disabilities Ministries Board of Directors. Lou’s theological belief is “that God created us in God’s image. God gave us sexuality and our sexuality is inherently good and healthy.” Lou is creating a “Ministry Plant” called Chaplaincy of Sacred Sexuality.
The Rev. Joan O’Gorman, our Parental Leave Pastor, is in California for two weeks for a long-anticipated visit with family. Joan will return to lead worship throughout July and August.
Worshiping at First Church on Sundays at 10am?
- We welcome all to worship in the beautiful Sanctuary at First Congregational Church UCC of Burlington – 38 South Winooski Avenue. All (over age 2) are asked to wear masks in the building.
Worshiping Remotely on June 26?
- CLICK HERE for the June 26, 2022 Order of Worship
- CLICK HERE for the June 26, 2022 Announcements
- CLICK HERE for the Vision Team Update & Vision Project Team Sign Up Form
- CLICK HERE for the Summer Life Events Brochure
- CLICK HERE for information about VT Prop 2
- Giving to First Church? For more information use this link: https://firstchurchburlington.org/2020/03/19/giving-to-first-church/
- Visiting First Church in person or remotely? Complete our Welcome Card using this LINK
Update from the First Church Vision Team: Your votes have been tallied and there are six vision projects that will advance to the next level for study this summer. We hope that many of you will participate in a Vision Project Team to fully explore and refine a proposal. Please select the Vision Project Team that you would like to work with – by July 6 – earlier if possible.
What is a First Church Summer Life Event?
We are meant to do life together! Our Summer Life Events are opportunities to grow, laugh, and connect with others this July and August.
Whether you are new to this community, or have been part of this faith community for years, we warmly invite you to join an event (or several!) and build community!
As with all First Church events, all are welcome! Please feel free to invite a friend or neighbor to join you in signing up to participate. Thanks you!
Let’s Pull Together!
June is the month to join our First Church Dragonheart Vermont Team for the August 7 Lake Champlain Dragon Boat Festival.
- Have you always wanted to give paddling a try? No experience is necessary! Our 2017 Team had a great time – see their picture below!
- A modest registration fee and fund raising goal supports the Dragon Boat Festival and cancer survivors in our community.
- We need a team of sixteen to make this work – invite your neighbors, colleagues and friends to join you on our crew!
- Interested in learning more? CLICK HERE for the basic information – and then connect with our Dragonheart Leader, Connections Team Member, Baki Nelson at [email protected] Please get signed up soon – ideally during June!
Our 2017 FCCB “Pull Together” Dragonheart Team!
IT’S PEACE CAMP REGISTRATION TIME!
Peace Camp is set for: July 11 thru 14, 5 to 7:30pm.
- This collaborative event – for all generations – with the College Street Church, is fun, faithful, musical and meaningful!
- Each evening starts with dinner for all and is followed by music, a story, and age-level groups from adults to youth – to the elementary grades and younger!
- The Rev. Ken White, of College Street Church, and our own Hannah Sachs, Director of Creative Ministries, will lead the adult program.
- Campers of every age are welcome – please register HERE
- Learn about volunteer opportunities at Peace Camp HERE
- Got questions? Contact Faith Formation Director Hilah Clarke, [email protected]
- Watch a video of the February VIA – Vermont Interfaith Action – educational event at FirstChurchBTV about VT Prop 2 – HERE
It’s time to mark your calendars for the – ALL CHURCH YARD SALE
Saturday July 23: 9am – 3pm!
- Find some great donations to bring in on July 23 – Spring clean your garage, basement, closets and kitchen cupboards!
- We’re staying with the same set up and drop off services – drive in and drop off donations on Saturday morning July 23 from 7-8:30am. Please no early donation drop offs, storage space is minimal.
- Interested in volunteering, there will be a sign up board at church located in the hallway outside the church office.
- Any questions please reach out to Jennie Coleman or Karan Dewar.
- The “All Church Yard Sale” is always a lot of fun – please come be a part of this great community event!
DID YOU GET A PEACE CRANE? If not, you may pick one up in the Church Office Tuesday thru Friday 10am-3pm or on any Sunday morning.
- We hope that the paper crane will serve as a reminder of the Holy Spirit with you during the summer months ahead.
- During an upcoming worship service, we will feature photos of cranes in places that bring joy and peace. Take a picture of your crane on your kitchen table, in your garden, or on a mountain top – where is the Holy Spirit in your life?
- Please submit photos here: bit.ly/cranephotos2022
There are many ways to support First Church by helping out… outside!
- If your “green thumb” is experienced… or if you are a novice gardener or mower… we are grateful for your involvement and will help you get started.
- Many volunteers work in pairs – we can match you up with someone or you are welcome to schedule your time volunteering with someone.
- Please complete the form linked here: https://bit.ly/greenthumbfccb and we will be in touch soon!
- Got questions? Contact Caroline Catlin in the Church Office: 802 862 5010 ext 4 or email: [email protected] OR contact Bob Wolf of our Connections Team at: [email protected]
CLICK HERE for the “Sermons Online” page of this website – giving you access to video recordings of many past worship services at First Church.