- Sundays at 9:30am: Director of Faith Formation Hilah Clarke is hosting Church School for Children in all elementary grades on Sundays at 9:30am. Use this LINK to connect: http://bit.ly/ChurchSchoolat930
- All Church Worship will be online at 10am on Sundays.
- If you want to call in to listen to worship, dial: 301-715-8592, then enter: 208-054-269#
- On GATHERING SUNDAY – SEPTEMBER 13 – we will finish worship on YouTube at 10:45 and will switch to Zoom for “in-person” PRAYERS OF THE PEOPLE:
- ZOOM LINK for Prayers of the People: http://bit.ly/PrayersOfThePeople
- Or Phone in to Prayers of the People: 1-301-715-8592. When prompted, enter 591-074-317# Then just stay online, or on the phone, to gather for Fellowship Time
- On Sundays – immediately following the 10am worship, we’ll host a Zoom Coffee Hour!
- CLICK HERE to join the Coffee Hour Zoom Meeting!
- OR PHONE in to the ZOOM COFFEE HOUR: Call 301-715-8592, and enter 591-074-317#
For the September 2020 “Blessing of the Backpacks” our church community is creating an arch over the driveway in front of the Chapel. The “Arch of Blessings” will be decorated with lots of streaming ribbons that need to be covered with written blessings and prayers from the congregation for our children and youth as they start school this year.
Imagine a beautiful arch creating a faithful “wash” of prayers and blessings for families to drive through on September 16 and 17! Everyone Can Participate – share a blessing/prayer – bring children and youth to receive a blessing/prayer! To learn more CLICK HERE
Use this LINK for details about the Sunday October 4 and November 1 Silent Vigils for Racial Justice at First Congregational Church BTV/UCC.
We are hosting regular gatherings using the platform “Zoom”. You should be able to join a meeting simply by clicking on the link below the event, and following the instructions. You can also call in using the numbers listed below each event. For more detailed instructions on how Zoom works, CLICK HERE.
Wednesdays: Outside Office Hours with Elissa, 2 to 4pm through September
The Rev. Elissa Johnk is offering “Drive-by” (outside) office hours on Wednesdays from 2 to 4pm.
Please wear a mask – visiting will be in the church parking lot or on the “portico.”
No appointment needed! Elissa is looking forward to reconnecting in person – come by for a visit!
Bible Study with Elissa: The Rev. Elissa Johnk invites you to join her for Bible Study on Wednesday mornings at 7:30am on ZOOM from September 16 through October 28.
ZOOM LINK: https://bit.ly/BibleStudywithElissa OR Phone In: Call in: 301-715-8592, then enter 951-190-153#
Let’s “Stay Tuned Together!” All interested in singing are invited to join in weekly, Thursday evening at 7pm, Sanctuary Choir Rehearsals on Zoom. Music Director David Neiweem ([email protected]) welcomes all to rehearsals. Got questions? Email David to learn more.
ZOOM DETAILS: LINK HERE: http://bit.ly/ThursdayChoirZoom
Or phone in 1 646 876 9923 and then enter the
Meeting ID: 936 0108 1116#
Our September 18 Spirit Seekers special guest is Wanda Hines.
Wanda Hines, Director of JUMP, the Joint Urban Ministry Project, and former Director of our region’s Food Shelf, and long-time Burlingtonian, will be a special community guest on Spirit Seekers next Friday, September 18 at 3pm. Let’s Meet on Zoom at 3pm on 9/18 and enjoy and engaging conversation with Wanda.
Fridays: Spirit Seekers at 3pm: “Spirit Seekers” is planned to be a forum for folks to share their spiritual journeys and life stories in order to foster deeper connections with one another. If you have a story to share, or someone you’d like us to interview – please let us know by clicking here! http://bit.ly/SpiritSeekersonZoom Call in: 301-715-8592, then enter 994-109-977# Use the link (below) to our podcast to listen to former “Spirit Seekers” interviews.
OUR NEW PODCAST: FIRST CHURCH PHONIC
CLICK HERE for First Church Phonic
First Church Phonic – offers you the opportunity to listen to:
– Spirit Seekers Interviews
– Story-tellers from May’s “Good Luck, Bad Luck, or No Luck at All!” – and similar future events.
– Yet More Light prayer times with the Rev. Elissa Johnk
– and more!
FOR FAMILIES AND CHILDREN
Take a look at our current “First Church BTV – Family E-Newsletter” for links to all programs for children and youth – and some at home activities.
This content is also linked in a Sunday – Family Facebook Event – linked HERE
Sundays at 9:30am: Director of Faith Formation Hilah Clarke is hosting Church School for Children in all elementary grades on Sundays at 9:30am. Use this LINK to connect: http://bit.ly/ChurchSchoolat930
The Haven – for Middle & High School Youth:
LINK HERE for The Haven’s calendar of upcoming events.
To learn more – READ Hannah Sach’s article about forming The Haven – &/or – please contact her: Hannah Sachs, Director of Creative Ministries, at [email protected]