All are invited to FirstChurchBTV!
WORSHIP in person or online:
You are invited to worship with First Church at 10am on Sundays in our Sanctuary at 38 South Winooski Avenue in Burlington OR on the FirstChurchBTV YouTube Channel. Worship services are live-streamed at 10am on Sundays on and the recordings are available on our YouTube channel anytime following the worship service. Fellowship time follows worship at First Church and online on Zoom) following the live-stream of worship.
THIS WEEKEND: The Rev. Elissa Johnk returns to the pulpit this Sunday as we welcome new members to First Church in the 10am worship service.
Worshiping remotely on January 29?
- To view the live stream (or later recording) of the Sunday 10am worship – click on the YouTube graphic above or use this link: FirstChurchBTV YouTube Channel
- CLICK for the Sunday January 29, 2023 Order of Worship
- CLICK for the Sunday January 29, 2023 Announcements
- Visiting First Church in person or remotely? Complete our Welcome Card using this LINK
- Giving to First Church? Learn more about how to give and about our Stewardship Campaign using this LINK
- CLICK HERE to receive the First Church e-Newsletter
CLICK HERE for the formal “warning” of our Annual Meeting and for detailed information about Annual Meeting Sunday, reports, agenda, etc.
The Valentine’s Auction & Dinner will be a great evening for the whole family.
Coordinated by our Connections Team and hosted by Auctioneer, Jamie Polli, there will be great silent and live auction items, entertainment, a delicious Italian dinner, and a “dessert dash” for all!
Questions? Want to volunteer &/or donate an Auction item or an Italian casserole for the dinner? Please contact Bob Wolf, of our Connections Team.
The Rev. Elissa Johnk invites all to participate in a conversational Bible Study – on Zoom – on Thursday mornings at 8:30am.
- All are welcome and invited. CLICK HERE for the Zoom link. Or call in: 301-715-8592, then enter 951-190-153# – https://zoom.us/j/951190153
2022- 2023 Youth Programs – A Burlington UCC Collaboration: The College Street Church & First Congregational Church UCC
YOUTH PROGRAMS: We are happy to share that our collaboration with the College Street Church will be on-going and that the fall calendar for youth programs is taking shape! For details make sure that you subscribe to our Church Newsletter. Families with middle and high school youth are encouraged to contact Hilah Clarke, Director of Faith Formation ([email protected]) to be added to the e-list for youth program updates.
First Church will host the youth meetings on February Wednesdays from 6 to 8pm – starting on February 1.
The Youth Program Update for January 27, 2023 – including details about the great “PENNY CHALLENGE” and 2023 Confirmation is LINKED HERE
The Sanctuary Choir rehearses on Thursdays at 7pm – and on Sundays at 9:15am – at First Church.
CLICK HERE for the current Choir Update and to learn more about making music at First Church
Fall 2022 MUSIC HIGHLIGHTS:
- CLICK HERE to watch our Sanctuary Choir, soloist Kristen Elder-Connors & Music Director Amy Short offer: “I Believe”
- CLICK HEREto watch our Sanctuary Choir & Music Director Amy Short offer the John Rutter’s: “Look at the World” during worship on October 16, 2022.
- CLICK HERE to watch Emy Berger, flute and Music Director Amy Shortt, piano offer Katherine Kennicott Davis’s “Let All Things Now Living” as a postlude during worship on October 23, 2022
BOOK SELECTIONS for 2022-2023: The Women’s Book Group has made their reading selections for 2022-2023. Most months, the meetings are on Zoom at 7pm on the 4th Monday. CLICK HERE to learn more.
CLICK HERE for the “Sermons Online” page of this website – giving you access to video recordings of many past worship services at First Church.
The Outreach Team is organizing a group of 5-6 individuals/families who will commit to contributing a meal once per month for people living at Burlington’s Anew Place. Interested? Please contact Reid Willis of our Outreach Team at: [email protected] for more information.
NAME TAGS help BUILD COMMUNITY We’ve rolled out new, magnetic name tags! Please use this LINK to request a name tag – let us know your specific name request (nickname, pronouns, etc.). Thank you
ZOOMING: We are hosting regular and periodic gatherings using the platform “Zoom”. You should be able to join a meeting simply by clicking on the link provided, and following the instructions. You can also call in using the numbers listed below each event. For more detailed instructions on how Zoom works, CLICK HERE.
OUR PODCAST: FIRST CHURCH PHONIC
CLICK HERE for First Church Phonic – https://anchor.fm/firstchurchbtv – offering you the opportunity to listen to:
– Spirit Seekers Interviews – including recent Spirit Seeker guests: Helen Head, Becky Levasseur, Richard Gagne, Hilah Clarke and Carlanne Herzog! Listen online on HERE.
OUR THRIFT STORE – THE POSSIBILITY SHOP is OPEN: The Possibility Shop is open – 10am-3pm on Wednesdays and Fridays.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Requirements & Limitations include: Masks are required; physical distancing required; limited number of shoppers at a time (you may need to wait for your turn to shop).
- DONATIONS: Please bring Possibility Shop donations to First Church any time between 10am and 3pm – Tuesday though Friday. Clean clothing and household items in good condition are always needed.
- ESPECIALLY NEEDED NOW: Warm winter outerwear for children and youth.
- VOLUNTEERS INVITED: On open days (Wed. & Fri., 10-3); on weekdays when the shop is closed (Tues. & Thurs.); &/or projects at home.
- Greet customers in the midway (near Church Office), count those entering and exiting, keeping the number within the allotted safe amount… a great opportunity for readers and knitters!
- Assist with the financial aspects of the shop, @two to three hours per month.
- Handle and help sell older, valuable items that are donated to the shop.
- Questions? call Karan Dewar 802-922-3821 or Brenda Fraser 802-862-4747. Thank you.
JOB OPENING – SECURITY STAFF: Learn more HERE