- All Church Worship will be online at 10am on Sundays.
- If you want to call in to listen to worship, dial: 301-715-8592, then enter: 208-054-269#
- Sundays at 9:30am, we’ll post a video to our YouTube Channel of the Church School lesson for the day.
- On Sundays – immediately following the 10am streamed worship, we’ll host a Zoom Coffee Hour!
- CLICK HERE to join the Coffee Hour Zoom Meeting!
- OR PHONE in to the ZOOM COFFEE HOUR: Call 301-715-8592, and enter 591-074-317#
On Sunday, July 5, from 1:00 to 1:30 p.m., you are invited to come together again to stand in silence on the front lawn at 38 South Winooski Avenue wearing face coverings/masks, socially distanced, and holding signs supporting racial justice.
This is an opportunity to be in solidarity with other Burlington faith communities, and people throughout our country, who want to stand for justice. This ongoing witness, on the first Sunday of each month, is sponsored by the First Congregational Church BTV/UCC Outreach Team.
To maintain compliance with the current COVID-19 mandates:
– we will bear witness together in silence – socially distanced – we will not gather as a group for prayer, conversation, or song;
– the building will not be open (except for medical emergencies);
– all are asked to bring their own signs, chairs (if desired), water, mask, etc.;
– if needed, we will have free masks available.
PLEASE BRING DONATIONS FOR OUR AREA FOOD SHELF – “FEEDING CHITTENDEN”: As part of the monthly vigil – faith communities in Burlington, including ours – are inviting non-perishable food donations for our regional Food Shelf – Feeding Chittenden. Since the Covid-19 precautions began, the need for food in the wider community has sky-rocketed along with the rate of unemployment. Please consider donating any healthy non-perishable food item. We will have a clearly marked donation area. Thank you so very much!
We are hosting regular gatherings using the platform “Zoom”. You should be able to join a meeting simply by clicking on the link below the event, and following the instructions. You can also call in using the numbers listed below each event. For more detailed instructions on how Zoom works, CLICK HERE.
Tuesdays: Music Matters at 3 p.m., led by Director of Music, David Neiweem – What a great opportunity to be in discussion with a master of church music.
– David will be including special guests in the weeks ahead. Please email David with your topic suggestions ([email protected]).
Call in: 301-715-8592, then enter 152-915-611#
Wednesdays: Outside Office Hours with Elissa, 2 to 4pm The Rev. Elissa Johnk is offering “Drive-by” (outside) office hours on Wednesdays from 2 to 4pm.
Please wear a mask – visiting will be in the church parking lot or on the “portico.”
No appointment needed! Elissa is looking forward to reconnecting in person – come by for a visit!
Wednesdays: “Artful Faith with Hannah Sachs,” 3pm You are invited to join Director of Creative Ministries, Hannah Sachs, each Wednesday at 3pm, on Zoom, for “Artful Faith.” This Zoom event will be an opportunity for close looking, open discussion, and spiritual reflection in response to selected works of visual art. Use this LINK to connect to Artful Faith with Hannah Sachs on Zoom. You can phone in by calling: 1 929 205 6099, then enter 849 708 245#
Thursdays: Bible Study at 3 p.m., led by Lead Minister, Elissa Johnk. Each Thursday we will explore the Bible readings for the upcoming Sunday worship.
– Connect to Bible Study with Elissa on Zoom using this LINK – or by phoning in: 301-715-8592, then enter 951-190-153#
Call in: 301-715-8592, then enter 951-190-153#
Let’s “Stay Tuned Together!” All interested in singing are invited to join in weekly, Thursday evening at 7pm, Sanctuary Choir Rehearsals on Zoom. Music Director David Neiweem ([email protected]) welcomes all to rehearsals. Got questions? Email David to learn more.
ZOOM DETAILS: LINK HERE: https://zoom.us/j/93601081116
Or phone in 1 646 876 9923 and then enter the
Meeting ID: 936 0108 1116#
Fridays: Spirit Seekers at 3pm: “Spirit Seekers” is planned to be an “On Being” style forum for folks to share their spiritual journeys and life stories with an interviewer, in order to foster deeper connections with one another. If you have a story to share, or someone you’d like us to interview – please let us know by clicking here! https://zoom.us/j/994109977 Call in: 301-715-8592, then enter 994-109-977#
OUR NEW PODCAST: FIRST CHURCH PHONIC
First Church Phonic – offers you the opportunity to listen to:
– Spirit Seekers Interviews
– Story-tellers from May’s “Good Luck, Bad Luck, or No Luck at All!” – and similar future events.
– Yet More Light prayer times with the Rev. Elissa Johnk
– and more!
FOR FAMILIES AND CHILDREN
Take a look at our current “First Church BTV – Family E-Newsletter” for links to all programs for children and youth – and some at home activities.
This content is also linked in a Sunday – Family Facebook Event – linked HERE
Sundays at 9:30am, we’ll post a video – to our YouTube Channel – of the Church School lesson for the day.
High School Youth: The high school youth have led Youth Sunday, painted a mural on the back of the church, built raised garden beds on the church lawn, are planting seeds and seedlings and are making masks for people in the community. Hannah Sachs , Director of Creative Ministries and Hilah Clarke, Director of Faith Formation, are addressing new ways for high school to meet. Stay tuned!