Vision Proposals – Presentations & Discussion – will follow the 10am worship on Sunday March 19 – with child care available.
- The Vision Proposal Presentation – will be in person in the Sanctuary and live-streamed on YouTube – the link for the live stream will be posted here on Sunday – or go directly to our FirstChurchBTV YouTube Channel.
CLICK HERE or on the graphic above to read the Vision Project Group Reports & more. The Building & Renovations Proposal has some edits and new information.
Please watch this informative short video featuring Vision Team member
Susan Saunders & the Rev. Elissa Johnk discussing:
- the importance of the March 19 & 26 post-worship vision gatherings;
- where we are in the vision process: discussing the proposals & discerning next steps together;
- some important “how to’s” for March 19 & 26.
All are invited to FirstChurchBTV!
WORSHIP in person or online:
You are invited to worship with First Church at 10am on Sundays in our Sanctuary at 38 South Winooski Avenue in Burlington OR on the FirstChurchBTV YouTube Channel. Worship services are live-streamed at 10am on Sundays on and the recordings are available on our YouTube channel anytime following the worship service. Fellowship time follows worship at First Church and online on Zoom) following the live-stream of worship.
You are invited to WORSHIP at 10am on Sunday March 19 – in person or live streamed on the First Church YouTube Channel. Worship will include the fourth in the Rev. Elissa Johnk’s “Love Your Neighbor” Lenten Sermon Series – “Forgiveness – Part 2” – beautiful music orchestrated by Director of Music, Amy Shortt and more!
Worshiping remotely on March 19?
- To view the live stream (or later recording) of the Sunday 10am worship – click on the YouTube graphic above or use this link: FirstChurchBTV YouTube Channel
- CLICK for the 3.19.23 Order of Worship
- CLICK for the 3.19.23 Announcements
- CLICK for the 3.19.23 Celebrations & Prayers
- Virtual Fellowship Option: the live stream of the worship is followed by a virtual fellowship option on Zoom – all are invited – the link is: https://bit.ly/sundayfellowship
- CLICK for the Vision Process Updates & Links to the Vision Project Proposals
- Visiting First Church in person or remotely? Complete our Welcome Card using this LINK
- Giving to First Church? Learn more about how to give and about our Stewardship Campaign using this LINK
- CLICK HERE to receive the First Church e-Newsletter
- Join us for a Lenten journey, as we discuss what it means, and how to love your neighbor in these polarized times.
- Click here for the video link for Sermon #3 – “Loving Your Neighbor – Forgiveness” with the Rev. Bill Neil.
- Click here for the week #3 – Love Your Neighbor Discussion Guide.
- Access discussion information & week #1, 2 & 3 sermons HERE
The Elmwood Community Shelter (pod project) is open! CLICK HERE to learn more about this innovative housing initiative. We are invited to help by providing individually packaged servings of snack foods: granola bars, oatmeal packets and individual bags of chips and crackers. Our Outreach Team invites your donations any Sunday – a special container will be in the Chapel – or drop them off in the Church Office. Thank you!
The Rev. Elissa Johnk invites all to participate in a conversational Bible Study – on Zoom – on Thursday mornings at 8:30am.
- All are welcome and invited. CLICK HERE for the Zoom link. Or call in: 301-715-8592, then enter 951-190-153# – https://zoom.us/j/951190153
2022- 2023 Youth Programs – A Burlington UCC Collaboration: The College Street Church & First Congregational Church UCC
YOUTH PROGRAMS: We are happy to share that our collaboration with the College Street Church will be on-going and that the fall calendar for youth programs is taking shape! For details make sure that you subscribe to our Church Newsletter. Families with middle and high school youth are encouraged to contact Hilah Clarke, Director of Faith Formation ([email protected]) to be added to the e-list for youth program updates.
College Street Church will host the youth meetings on March Wednesdays from 6 to 8pm.
2023 Youth Mission Trip!
We’re going to Orland, Maine to volunteer with HOME Inc from June 18-22.
This is a really special opportunity for youth to give a whole service week with one organization and learn from them and how they invest in their community.
- CLICK HERE to learn more – and be sure to let Youth Leader Jason Vanderlaan know you are interested and register by March 8.
- CLICK HERE to register for the trip by MARCH 8th
CLICK HERE for the current Choir Update and to learn more about making music at First Church
Fall 2022 MUSIC HIGHLIGHTS:
- CLICK HERE to watch our Sanctuary Choir, soloist Kristen Elder-Connors & Music Director Amy Short offer: “I Believe”
- CLICK HEREto watch our Sanctuary Choir & Music Director Amy Short offer the John Rutter’s: “Look at the World” during worship on October 16, 2022.
- CLICK HERE to watch Emy Berger, flute and Music Director Amy Shortt, piano offer Katherine Kennicott Davis’s “Let All Things Now Living” as a postlude during worship on October 23, 2022
BOOK SELECTIONS for 2022-2023: The Women’s Book Group has made their reading selections for 2022-2023. Most months, the meetings are on Zoom at 7pm on the 4th Monday. CLICK HERE to learn more.
CLICK HERE for the “Sermons Online” page of this website – giving you access to video recordings of many past worship services at First Church.
The Outreach Team is organizing a group of 5-6 individuals/families who will commit to contributing a meal once per month for people living at Burlington’s Anew Place. Interested? Please contact Reid Willis of our Outreach Team at: [email protected] for more information.
NAME TAGS help BUILD COMMUNITY We’ve rolled out new, magnetic name tags! Please use this LINK to request a name tag – let us know your specific name request (nickname, pronouns, etc.). Thank you
ZOOMING: We are hosting regular and periodic gatherings using the platform “Zoom”. You should be able to join a meeting simply by clicking on the link provided, and following the instructions. You can also call in using the numbers listed below each event. For more detailed instructions on how Zoom works, CLICK HERE.
OUR PODCAST: FIRST CHURCH PHONIC
CLICK HERE for First Church Phonic – https://anchor.fm/firstchurchbtv – offering you the opportunity to listen to:
– Spirit Seekers Interviews – including recent Spirit Seeker guests: Helen Head, Becky Levasseur, Richard Gagne, Hilah Clarke and Carlanne Herzog! Listen online on HERE.
OUR THRIFT STORE – THE POSSIBILITY SHOP is OPEN: The Possibility Shop is open – 10am-3pm on Wednesdays and Fridays.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Requirements & Limitations include: Masks are required; physical distancing required; limited number of shoppers at a time (you may need to wait for your turn to shop).
- DONATIONS: Please bring Possibility Shop donations to First Church any time between 10am and 3pm – Tuesday though Friday. Clean clothing and household items in good condition are always needed.
- ESPECIALLY NEEDED NOW: Warm winter outerwear for children and youth.
- VOLUNTEERS INVITED: On open days (Wed. & Fri., 10-3); on weekdays when the shop is closed (Tues. & Thurs.); &/or projects at home.
- Greet customers in the midway (near Church Office), count those entering and exiting, keeping the number within the allotted safe amount… a great opportunity for readers and knitters!
- Assist with the financial aspects of the shop, @two to three hours per month.
- Handle and help sell older, valuable items that are donated to the shop.
- Questions? call Karan Dewar 802-922-3821 or Brenda Fraser 802-862-4747. Thank you.
JOB OPENING – SECURITY STAFF: Learn more HERE