You are invited to worship with First Church on the FirstChurchBTV YouTube Channel. Worship services premiere at 10am on Sunday and then are available anytime.
On SUNDAY JUNE 20 we are live-streaming worship from the First Church Sanctuary to our YouTube Channel for the first time! Lots of planning is in place – please be patient with us as we use new recording equipment and work to get everything right.
We are planning for in person worship to begin on July 4. We will continue to live-stream to YouTube at 10am on Sundays giving all the option to worship remotely or in person. The recording of the live-streamed video will be available on the FirstChurchBTV YouTube channel after 10am as well.
- CLICK HERE to view live-streamed worship from First Church at 10am on Sunday June 20 on YouTube – or to see a recorded version of the worship any time after 10am.
- CLICK HERE for the Sunday June 20 Order of Worship
- CLICK HERE for the Sunday June 20 Announcements
- Worship is followed at 11am by Coffee Hour on Zoom
The ZOOM link is: https://bit.ly/sundayfellowship
OR- Phone in: 1-301-715-8592. When prompted, enter 591-074-317#
Live Streamed Worship & More!
We will be live-streaming worship on the First Church YouTube Channel in late June and plan to open for in-person worship on July 4
- Click here to read the full physical re-gathering updates.
- CLICK HERE to move to the “First Church Responds to Covid-19” post to see our full regathering guidelines and to read the Rev. Elissa Johnk’s June 2021 Re-Gathering Update letter.
CHURCH SCHOOL is on Zoom at 9:30am on SUNDAY morning for all children through grade 5 – “live” with Depson Fabe, our new Elementary Ministries Coordinator; Hilah Clarke, Director of Faith Formation, and Laure Elder-Connors, Director of Children’s Music – for the Zoom link CLICK HERE
NEWS & UPCOMING EVENTS
Yes. You. First timer. Old timer. Frequent visitor, old friend, haven’t-been-in-a-while or baptized-here-and-then-baptized-my-babies-here. YOU. Our visioning process only works if we have wide-spread participation from everyone – and that really does mean YOU.
We have streamlined the sign-up process to be a simple doodle poll. Just select the top-three dates and times for you for the rest of the month. (And, if you can do every Tuesday, tell us that by selecting every Tuesday option). Meetings are scheduled for two hours, but have usually been completed within 90 minutes. The only restriction is – please choose different times from other members of your household.
What are we asking you to sign up for and why?
- Click for our FAQs about the project itself, and the process.
- What’s the Visioning Team charged with doing anyway?
- Use our online DOODLE POLL LINKED HERE to indicate your date and time preferences for a Vision Meeting in the next two weeks.
PEACE CAMP – for all ages – July 13 -16!
Peace Camp 2021 is on the First Church summer calendar for July 13 through 16, daily from 5 to 7:30pm! Peace Camp is a multi-generational, multi-congregation experience for every age!
We’ll be collaborating with College Street Congregational Church again to plan Peace Camp for all ages – children, youth and adults.
We’ll start each evening will include an opening story time before we re-gather in age level groups to explore peace themes from our faith stories. Rev. Elissa Johnk will work with the Rev. Ken White of College Street Congregational to lead the adult program.
- CLICK HERE for Peace Camp Registration Information
- To learn more about the volunteer opportunities during Peace Camp – and to Sign Up – please CLICK HERE
POSS SHOP Re-OPENS: We have good news to share! Starting on Wednesday June 2 – the Possibility Shop has Re-Opened! This summer “the Poss Shop” will be open – 10am-3pm on Wednesdays ONLY.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Requirements & Limitations include: Masks are required; physical distancing required; limited number of shoppers at a time (you may need to wait for your turn to shop).
DONATIONS: Please DO NOT bring Possibility Shop donations to First Church before July 1. If you have items that are just perfect for the Possibility Shop and you cannot hold onto them until July 1 for donation – contact Steve Hyde ([email protected]) and he will do his best to arrange to pick them up. Thank you!
What a team! Join 30 First Church MOW Volunteers!
Click on the Meals On Wheels image to learn about becoming a First Church Meals On Wheels volunteer. Our First Church Meals On Wheels Coordinator, Al Weldon will help get you started!
What week works for you?
Click on the “Volunteers Needed” image to learn about watering and weeding at our garden for ONE WEEK this summer! Veggies go to Feeding Chittenden. Sign up today, and we’ll email any necessary details!
We are hosting regular and periodic gatherings using the platform “Zoom”. You should be able to join a meeting simply by clicking on the link below the event, and following the instructions. You can also call in using the numbers listed below each event. For more detailed instructions on how Zoom works, CLICK HERE.
THURSDAY – 9:00am Bible Study: All are invited to the Rev. Elissa Johnk’s Thursday morning Bible Study at 9am. The Zoom LINK is: https://bit.ly/BibleStudywithElissa
Or PHONE IN: 1- 301-715-8592, then enter 951-190-153#
SPIRIT SEEKERS – We will be announcing upcoming Spirit Seekers soon – stay tuned!
- Looking for Spirit Seekers TODAY? Listen to one of our Spirit Seeker podcasts HERE.
- ZOOM LINK for SPIRIT SEEKERS: http://bit.ly/spiritseekerszoom – OR Call in: 301-715-8592, enter 994-109-977#
- SPIRIT SEEKERS is a forum for sharing life stories and faith journeys. All are invited! If you have a story to share, or someone you’d like us to interview – please let us know by clicking here!
OUR PODCAST: FIRST CHURCH PHONIC
CLICK HERE for First Church Phonic – https://anchor.fm/firstchurchbtv – offering you the opportunity to listen to:
– Spirit Seekers Interviews – including recent Spirit Seeker guests: Helen Head, Becky Levasseur, Richard Gagne, Hilah Clarke and Carlanne Herzog! Listen online on HERE.
– Yet More Light prayer times with the Rev. Elissa Johnk.
– Story-tellers from May’s “Good Luck, Bad Luck, or No Luck at All!”