STEWARDSHIP is GIVING to FIRST CHURCH: The ministries and missions of First Congregational Church UCC of Burlington rely on the pledges and support of all of our members and friends. See below for information about giving online and via check – about any current special offerings – and about making a pledge to support First Church during 2022 and about how to make a 2023 pledge. Thank you.
Online/E-Giving & Giving by Check: One-time donations & recurring pledges – all of your donations fuel the missions and ministries of First Congregational Church.
TO GIVE ONLINE – connect to First Congregational Church’s secure Online/E-Giving system by clicking here. Use the drop-down menu provided in “Fund” to designate your donation.YOU CAN TEXT A DONATION to FCCBUCC to 73256 – standard text message rates apply.
Or… GIVE by CHECK – made payable to First Congregational Church (to designate a specific use – such as the Pastoral Care Fund – or a special offering – use the MEMO line on your check) and mail to: First Congregational Church, 38 South Winooski Avenue, Burlington, VT 05401
2023 Stewardship Campaign: The First Congregational Church Stewardship Campaign – which began in November 2022 – supports building a missions and ministries budget for 2023. To date we have received 126 of a hoped for 130 pledges from members and friends of First Church.
Pledges for the 2023 year are invited now as our leaders work to prepare an operating budget for First Church to present to the congregation for vote on February 5 during our Annual Meeting. Of course, pledged giving is needed and invited throughout the year and new pledges are always welcome. Please join in supporting the ministries and missions of First Congregational Church UCC of Burlington – CLICK HERE online pledge information.
- CLICK HERE to read the Rev. Elissa Johnk’s Dedication Sunday letter to the congregation.
Welcome to Stewardship 2023:
Stewardship Team Chair, Steve Hyde welcomes the congregation to “Stewardship 2023 during worship on October 30 (video: 3 minutes).
The Rev. Elissa Johnk’s November 2022 letter to the congregation:
Faith, without works, is dead.
At least, so writes James, brother of Jesus in his letter to the earliest Christians. If you have faith, but it is not shown in your life, what is the point? If it serves only you, is it really faith – of the Jesus-following kind – at all? These are the questions of our stewardship season, and they are the questions of the Gospel itself. If it is in God we trust, then how is it that with God we do? … CLICK HERE to read more
PLEDGING for 2023: Our church leaders and Stewardship Team are inviting your 2023 pledges in support of the ministries and missions of First Congregational Church.
- CLICK HERE to open the 2023 Stewardship Brochure
- CLICK HERE to make your 2023 pledge to First Church online – OR – you can pledge thru your First Church Realm Account. If you have yet to access your First Church Realm Account – please contact our Office Manager, Caroline Catlin at [email protected]
- Or… MAIL in your pledge using the pledge card linked below – or – please request a printed copy from the Church Office (802 862 5010, ext. 4).
- CLICK HERE to access a printable copy of the pledge card to print and mail.
- CLICK HERE to complete a Time & Talent Pledge Card for 2023. We are also inviting you to pledge your time/talents in support of the missions and ministries of First Church.
2022 Stewardship Messages
2021 Stewardship Videos