Stewardship is the giving of our time, talents, and treasure, to care for all the gifts of God’s Creation. The Stewardship Team of the First Congregational Church UCC of Burlington is charged with educating our members and friends about the importance of the mission and ministry of our church and encouraging all to give generously in support of them.
2019-20 Stewardship Campaign
Our Stewardship Team has prepared the 2019-2020 Stewardship Brochure and pledging materials. As our fiscal year begins anew on May 1, 2019, annual pledges – which are needed year-round – are particularly requested during March and April 2019.
Please use the resources listed here as you prayerfully consider pledging for the 2019-2020 year:
- The 2019-2020 Stewardship Brochure is linked HERE.
- The 2019-2020 Stewardship Letter is linked HERE.
- The online Pledge Form is linked HERE.
- Printed pledge cards and copies of the brochure are available at church and are being mailed.
Online/E-Giving: One-Time Donations & Recurring Pledges
E-Giving to First Congregational Church is fast, safe and easy! Your one-time donations, recurring pledges and payment history are handled through our secure online giving system. Here is how it works: simply authorize a specified amount of money to be electronically transferred directly from your checking, savings, credit or debit card to the church account. You specify the frequency of the transfer and can change it at any time. It will save you time, and there are no fees!
Why are members and friends giving to First Congregational Church?
- “Because I value supporting the ministries and missions of the church;”
- “Giving through the church makes me feel good;”
- “Because I’m grateful;”
- “I pledge because as a Christian I am called to give;”
are just a few reasons. There are as many answers to this question as there are generous givers at First Church. Why do you give? You are invited to ponder this question and to add your pledge in support of the many ministries, missions and programs of First Church.
Your gift of any size, representing your personal commitment to First Congregational Church and its ministries, will be warmly and gratefully received.
To make a pledge for the remainder of the 2018-2019 church year (through April 30, 2019) please email Finance Manager Heather Pipino or call her at 802-862-5010 and leave a message including your contact information and how much you wish to pledge through April 30, 2019. Thank you!
- View a copy of our 2019-2020 Stewardship Brochure HERE.
- Read our 2019-2020 Stewardship Letter HERE.
- Access our 2019-2020 online Pledge Form HERE.
- Did you make a pledged gift to First Church for 2018-2019? If yes, please use the information below to update your pledge for May 2019 thru April 2020. If you give your pledge online, and change the amount, be sure to update it. Thank you!
- Will this be your first pledge to “First Church”? If yes, please use the information below to make a pledge “on paper” or “online.” Thank you!
- PLEDGE CARDS: You can use the paper pledge card that you received at church or in the mail – or – pick one up at church or request that one be mailed to you.
- USE “REALM” to MAKE YOUR PLEDGE ONLINE &/or to SET UP REGULAR ONLINE GIVING:
- Accessing your “First Church Realm Account” gives you easy access to pledging online for the 2019-2020 church year. Connecting to your personal Realm account is necessary to set up on-going online donations.
- ALREADY “ON REALM”: If you want to pledge, or if you want to give your pledged donations online, follow the directions from the giving page on your First Church Realm account. You will see that you can make your pledge commitment through Realm, and set up on-going pledge payments. (In your realm account go to “Giving”, click on pledge, from the drop down menu select 2019-20 pledge and complete form.).
- READY TO GET “ON REALM”: If you have not yet accessed your “First Church Realm Account” – please email our Office Manager, Amara Devino requesting a Realm account invitation. The Realm account invitation, which stays active for several days, will come to you by email. Follow the steps, set your preferences, and use the drop-down menus to select the option for making your pledge commitment and for giving your pledge online on the basis (monthly, weekly, etc.) that suits you.
- In addition to other capacities that we will be exploring in the months ahead, a great feature of having a “First Church” Realm account is that you can check your giving record online at any time.
- AN ALTERNATIVE ROUTE to PLEDGE ONLINE: As an alternative to the pledge accessing your Realm account, you can use this LINK to make an annual pledge commitment in support of the ministries and missions of First Congregational Church of Burlington online.
- ONE TIME ONLINE GIVING: It is easy to make one time gifts to the church online – use this LINK and select giving category.
Other Special Gift Opportunities Do you have special financial gifts you wish to give to First Congregational Church? First Church gladly accepts stocks and bonds. Donations of these types are sold immediately when received, regardless of what the market may be doing at that time. Please contact Finance Manager through the Church Office (802-862-5010) if you plan to initiate a stock transfer.
First Congregational Church gladly accepts other gifts and donations too! If you are interested in discussing a possible gift of other items (vehicles, etc.), please contact the Church Office.
In the vernacular, they say “you can’t take it with you.” In the church, we put it this way: “For we brought nothing into the world, so that we can take nothing out of it” (I Timothy 6:7). As Christians, we support the ministries of the church by giving during our lifetimes … but we can also include the church in our estate plans. Just as we depend on the generosity of previous generations, the future of First Congregational Church depends on our generosity now.
Have you considered including First Congregational Church in your will? It’s just one Planned Giving strategy we encourage members to consider. Your Planned Gifts can be structured to provide income or other advantages to you during your lifetime – as well as benefits to family, friends and charitable institutions.
Even gifts from small and modest estates can make a big difference in the church’s ability to pursue its Mission and Ministry. Indeed, God calls all of us to be good stewards of Creation with the gifts we have.
The United Church of Christ (UCC) has an excellent offering of Planned Giving Programs which is available to First Congregational Church.
We ask you to consider Planned Giving as a pathway providing financial support to the church. Please contact our Church Office (802-862-5010), or a member of our Planned Giving Committee, to discuss your Planned Giving intentions. We look forward to working with you.