The 2023 Vermont Dragon Boat Festival is set for Sunday August 6th on the Burlington Waterfront.
First Church is gathering a Dragon Boat Team – novice and experienced paddlers are invited to participate. This is our third year participating in Dragon Boat Festival! We are happy to share that First Church member Baki Nelson will serve as our organizer and captain again this year!
The Dragonheart Vermont and Dragon Boat Festival missions are:
- Dragonheart Vermont strives to strengthen and empower breast cancer survivors and supporters through the challenging sport of dragon boating, instilling in its members the values of teamwork, fitness and community giving.
- The Lake Champlain Dragon Boat Festival is a charity fundraiser where all funds raised support Dragonheart Vermont (DHVT) (a non-profit breast cancer wellness organization) and its Pledge Partner (an annually designated wellness and cancer-related local organization). All funds stay local!
Support our Team:
Please support our “Pull Together” Team’s paddlers as they raise funds in support of Dragonheart Vermont (DHVT) (a non-profit breast cancer wellness organization) and its Pledge Partner (an annually designated wellness and cancer-related local organization). All funds stay local!
CLICK HERE to connect to our “Pull Together” Team page – and pick a paddler(s) to support with your donation(s)! Each paddler is asked to raise $75 or more. Thank you!
Let’s “Pull Together!” Our Connections Team and Baki Nelson are recruiting a 2023 FCCB Dragon Boat Team for the August 6th Festival. The are Dragon Boat Festival basics:
- All are welcome – novice and experienced paddlers – members and friends – and friends of friends – the Dragon Boat Festival is a great experience!
- The Dragon Boat Festival is on the Burlington, VT Waterfront on Sunday August 6.
- Our team needs 17 participants – 16 paddlers and one drummer.
- Every participant needs to register to be part of “Pull Together” through the VT Dragon Boat Festival website.
- Cost – $50 registration fee – paid online to register along with a promise (backed by your credit card) to raise $75.
- All 14 years old or older are welcome to take part.
- Registered participants receive a festival T-Shirt and access to a personal fund-raising page.
- All registered participants are asked to take part in a 1.5 hour practice session during the weekend of July 15 & 16.
- “Pull Together” is a community team – register by contacting our Team Captain – Baki Nelson: [email protected]
- Want to participate but need support with the $50 registration fee? Contact our Team Captain Baki Nelson ([email protected]) and he will let you know if we have a donor to sponsor you.
- Do you want to sponsor a paddler/drummer’s registration fee (a $50 donation)? Thank you! Contact our Team Captain Baki Nelson ([email protected]) and he will make sure that your $50 donation sponsors a team member’s registration.
- Are you ready to register? CLICK HERE to register for our Pull Together’s team fundraising page for Dragonheart Vermont
- Questions? Please contact Baki Nelson at: [email protected]