Holy Week & Easter at First Congregational Church UCC/BTV – All are invited on the Holy Week journey… from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday. Let’s gather to listen, pray, meditate, enjoy beautiful music, hear inspiring preaching and celebrate the life-affirming message of Easter! All worship services are open to all (masks please) at First Church (38 South Winooski Avenue in Burlington) and on our YouTube Channel – live stream and recorded.
CLICK HERE to watch the live stream of yesterday’s Maundy Thursday Worship service. CLICK HERE for the Order of Worship
“Then Jesus returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. “Couldn’t you men keep watch with me for one hour?” he asked Peter.” -Matthew 26:40
The HOLY WEEK VIGIL: We are taking turns, staying awake with Jesus during our 2022 Holy Week in person at First Church from 8pm Thursday (following the Maundy Thursday Worship) until 7pm on Good Friday. Thank you to all who signed up to participate.
- Alternative – participate from home using the guide linked HERE.
Worshiping Remotely on Easter?
- Tune in at 9:45am: Music Director Amy Shortt has prepared a beautiful musical prelude that will begin at 9:45 – on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/FirstChurchBTV
- CLICK HERE on Sunday morning at 10am to watch the live-stream of worship (or tune in later for a recording) on our FirstChurchBTV YouTube Channel
- Easter Sunday Order of Worship: CLICK HERE
- Easter Sunday Announcements: CLICK HERE
- Visioning Process April & May 2022: CLICK HERE
- Children Worshiping Remotely on Easter? The Rev. Elissa Johnk has planned a special Easter “Word of God for Sm(All) Ages.” Children are invited to enjoy it and the full worship this morning. The remote/Zoom option for Church School from home will resume next Sunday April 24 – check this page next week for the Zoom link.
- Virtual Fellowship: Worship is followed by Fellowship outside at First Church – and remotely on ZOOM – the link is: https://bit.ly/sundayfellowship OR- Phone in: 1-301-715-8592. When prompted, enter 591-074-317#
- Visiting First Church in person or remotely? Complete our Welcome Card using this LINK
- Giving to First Church? For more information use this LINK
Easter Sunday Worship Services – April 17: You are invited to experience Easter in community with FirstChurchBTV!
- 6:30am “Son-Rise” Worship Service with Communion – on the Burlington waterfront with the College Street Church. Join us at the waterfront, just north of the ECHO Museum.
- Easter Festival Worship at 10am at First Church (or live stream on YouTube) – arrive early – or tune into YouTube for the live stream at 9:45 – for an extraordinary musical prelude will begin at 9:45am.
- The Rev. Elissa Johnk has a life affirming message for all ages – the music will feature brass, drum, piano, organ, bells and our amazing Sanctuary Choir!
- Nursery, Pre-K and K childcare available throughout worship — activity bags for children in worship.
- You are invited: every age, every person, all are welcome here! We are an open and affirming congregation of the United Church of Christ.
CLICK HERE to read the Rev. Elissa Johnk’s Easter Letter
EASTER OFFERING: Please consider a gift to our Easter Offering.
- 90% of your donation will support the missions and ministries of First Church.
- 10% will support the Vermont Conference of the United Church of Christ’s new Hope Fund. CLICK HERE to learn more about the Hope Fund
- CLICK HERE to learn more about the Easter Offering &/or to give online. Donations by check to First Church should include the memo: Easter Offering. Thank you.