So many wonderful things have been happening at First Congregational Church in these last few weeks. I have been so impressed with the way our staff and lay leaders have been working together to make our church a better place.
On Sunday October 28, after worship, we wish to share with the congregation what we have been up to, where we are financially, and our thoughts about where we are going. It will offer our congregation the chance to learn, ask questions and offer some of their own ideas and comments. With all the changes and transitions that have taken place at First Congregational Church, it’s very important to me that everyone is brought up to speed.
Here are some of the topics we plan to cover at this meeting:
- A ministry plan. I will share with the church my thoughts about our ministry together so far and where I think we might best focus our energies in these coming months. It will include a strong invitation for people to participate in our cottage meetings (see the article in this newsletter) where we can get to know one another better.
- A complete financial report. In preparing for this meeting, representatives from stewardship, the capital campaign, the Possibility Shop, Investments and Trusts, Prudential, the Trustees, Personnel, Outreach, the Treasurer, various volunteers who have been working on our finances, Outreach, our new office manager, Sarah Brown who is in charge of bookkeeping, our past, current and future presidents, our Outreach Coordinator, and the Associate and Senior Ministers are meeting together to offer a unified financial report. Together we wish to clearly articulate the challenges before us and suggest ways we can work together as a congregation to meet those challenges.
- Introduction of the staff team. In the last three weeks we have hired Sarah Brown as our new office manager and George Lacasse as our building manager (see the article about George in this newsletter). We hope to soon hire a receptionist and an additional security person. We will also be searching for a new children’s choir director since Evelyn Kwanza will soon be moving.
- Technology update. We just have signed a contract with Burlington Telecom for a new phone system and high speed Internet. With this system in place, we will be able to activate our new database and fully utilize all the other features of Church Windows. We think our new technology will make a quantum difference in our ability to communicate with the congregation.
- Most importantly, we want to hear your ideas and questions!
We look forward to having you join us for this conversation on October 28 as we work together to strengthen our church.
May the peace of Christ be with you!